Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://diehlplasticsurgery.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Directions | Contact Us

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Sunblock; is it only for summer?


Well, I treat many patients with sun damaged skin. I treat their skin with light chemical peels which removes the top layer of damaged skin exposing the new.  But unfortunately though, sometimes I have to treat them for skin cancer when the damage is too great.  I always tell my patients that it is always” the season” for sunblock and not just summer!  Sun damage is cumulative which means the damage that you have incurred since childhood will count. 

In our office I recommend Solarguard MD™.   Solarguard MD™ is a micro-targeted sunscreen formulated specifically for the protection of healing scars and sensitive skin areas. It provides UVA/UVB protection against the sun’s harmful rays with an SPF of 70. It is immediately absorbed by the skin while leaving it soft and without feeling greasy.

So lather up!

Dr. Gregory Diehl

For more information visit:  http://www.diehlplasticsurgery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment